Our 1st week in Phoenix was a challenge. We bought a forclosure, with a lot of potential. We thought it needed paint, carpet and 2 light fixtures. A surprise 2nd story water leak taught us otherwise. So, the leak is fixed, the painting is done (thank you Frank Lang) and the floors are done (thanks to Greg Tidwell). Now we can finally get unpacked.
Last night we slept in our own beds for the 1st time since we arrived. Today I am unpacking box after box trying to figure out how we got all this stuff and why we need it.
But the big news is that today is my oldest son's 4th birthday! I feel a bit like the worst mom ever. I can't find the cake pans to make him a homemade birthday cake. I can't put much of a party together today so we're delaying it a week or two.
One thing I can do is tell you all the top 10 things about my oldest:
1. He is super funny
2. He is a great big brother to my youngest
3. He is very well spoken
4. He is no longer afraid to put his face in the water
5. He announced this morning that he ready to get married, and has picked the girl
6. He loves to climb in bed with us at night and cuddle
7. He is learning to read
8. He is a great train track builder
9. He is quite possibly the smartest 4 year old I've ever met
10. He's mine.